Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Bottle Caps_ Stuart Dybek


I was unclear whether or not this piece was completed by the abrupt ending. Regardless of its length or completion, I really liked this particular piece. I felt as though Dybek was able to paint a picture of the alleys in which he strolled; a lost misfit in a foreign land. The discarded caps tossed down without a second thought, he saw as small treasures, which are given even more of a symbolic meaning when his brother takes them to honor the fallen insect of the earth. The words Dybek painted were rich in texture and color, the words felt vivid and subtly loud. I enjoyed the power he bestowed upon discarded metal scraps not even worth the time of the bums in the alleys. This piece was very enjoyable to read because of how clear the images were in my head as I was reading. 
Bottle caps


No comments:

Post a Comment