Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Worn Path Reflection

A Worn Path Reflection
While reading this week’s prompts I made sure to look out for the details used in the descriptions of the setting. I especially focused on A Worn Path because the writer doesn’t just the describe what the narrator sees when she’s walking on this path. The writer makes a connection between the setting and the narrator’s own characterization. I tried to inhabit the same techniques in my writing of this week’s assignment (assignment #7) by bringing both the setting and the characters together. I wanted to imagine, like Welty did, what the setting means to the character. How would my character interact in a certain setting? How would my character feel in a certain setting? All these questions are important when writing not only a scene but also a story as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment